Kisa Pure & Natural Flax Seed - 400Gm
Flax seeds (Linum usitatissimum) - also known as common flax or linseeds are small oil seeds that originated in the Middle East thousands of years ago. Lately, they have gained popularity as a health food. This is due to their high content of heart-healthy omega-3 fats, fiber, and other unique plant compounds. Flax seeds have been linked to health benefits, such as improved digestion and a reduced risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
- Flaxseeds have 534 calories per 3.5 ounces (100 grams) — corresponding to 55 calories for each tablespoon (10 grams) of whole seeds
- Flax seeds are made up of 29% carbs — a whopping 95% of which is fiber. This means that they’re low in net digestible carbs — the number of total carbs minus the amount of fiber — making them a low-carb food
- Flax seeds are high in the amino acids arginine and glutamine — both of which are important for heart and immune system health
- Flax seeds are a good source of several vitamins and minerals like, Thiamine, Copper, Magnesium & Phosperous
- Flax seeds may be useful as a part of a weight loss diet. They contain soluble fiber, which becomes highly sticky when mixed with water. This fiber has been shown to be effective at suppressing hunger and cravings, potentially promoting weight loss